The premier model in the Katana lineup, the Boss Katana-Artist MkII Combo Amplifier is designed to provide guitarists with gig-ready rock tones while minimizing reliance on a pedalboard. Packing more features, tones, and effects than its predecessor, the amp offers 100W into a 1×12″ speaker cabinet, making it suitable for use in midsized venues and practicing at home.
As with the first version of this amp, five different amp characters are available but now with variations—providing 10 different tone options to choose from. Also, you can now select among five different onboard effects (Modulation, Booster, FX, Delay, and Reverb) with three variations each, giving you the sound-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp.
- 5 distinct amp voicings: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the BOSS Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitar)
- Variation switch increases the total number of core amp tones to 10
- 3-way Contour toggle allows you to tame or enhance midrange characteristics
- 3 global EQ presets (available within editor software) allow you to tone stack amp response
- Adjustable Solo boost increases output for lead work
- 60 timeless BOSS effects, accessible from the BOSS Tone Studio
- Variable Power Control allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to customize your effects and amp settings
- Effects loop allows you to add effects pedals after the preamp section
- Power Amp In brings uncolored amplification to your external modelers and preamps
- Speaker output jacks for connecting external speaker cabinet (2 x 16 ohm, 1 x 8 ohm)
- Stereo Expand switch for single-cable stereo operation across 2 Katanas
- 5-pin MIDI input for integration with MIDI footswitches
- Full GA-FC foot controller support